I know what you are thinking, DIY solar panel kits for the home are just too expensive. When we talk about solar power, the first thing that comes into our mind are those expensive machines that produces electricity derived from our sun’s energy. We also think these panels are usually installed on top of high rise buildings owned by multi-millionaire companies.
But thanks to some recent breakthroughs, solar panels can now be installed at our very own home. It is made to be cheaper so that everyone can afford it, and installation is made easier as well. It is great way to conserve the use of electric energy and to reduce monthly bill payments.
DIY Solar Panel Kits Will Save You A Fortune In Costs
Aside from that, it is also eco-friendly for it reduces the carbon footprint we may leave after living this earth. Is it possible that an average person can install solar panels and make use of solar energy at home?
The answer to that question is yes. And in this article, we will try to learn the ways on how to install a DIY Solar Panels Kits for home use so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of solar energy.
Solar Energy Converted Into Electricity Explained:
The concept of Solar Power is not new to us, but it’s too complex to be understood. So before we proceed further in discussing the main topic, let’s try to comprehend first how solar energy is converted into electricity.
Try to imagine that the sun is one giant nuclear power plant. This big ball of fire releases energy so intense that it’s equivalent to 100 billion Hydrogen bombs per second! The energy released by the sun is then transmitted through radiation.
Through the rays of the sun, there are particles called photons which dwell into the electromagnetic spectrum. In short, solar energy is the energy produced by the heat and light of the sun. The solar panels, on the other hand, have another device in it which is called as transducer.
The solar cells trapped the heat (which includes the photon particles) and then the transducer will then convert these photons from the electromagnetic waves into electricity. The more solar panels installed, the more electricity is produced.
DIY Solar Panels Kits Installation Procedure:
Nowadays, there are PV or Photo Voltaic Panels that are made available to the public. In order for you to properly install the Solar Panels own your own here are some steps to consider:
1. Location – before you start with anything, try to consider first the location of where you’re going to install you Solar Panels. According to experts, the best place where you can install you kit is somewhere facing the Northern Hemisphere where the PV cells will be facing south. It’s believe that the PV cells will have more time facing the sun and more amount of energy to be converted into electricity.
2. As of the moment, there are two known ways to install solar panels and these are through roof mounting or by ground based. Choose which one of these installations would fit best in your residence. Once the location of the panels and the type of installation have been determined, measure the area and establish its measurement so that you can determine how many solar panels you want to be installed.
3. Go to any local solar industry companies and order the number of panels you want to install. At the same time, try to go to the hardware store and buy some things that you need for the installation. Most of the residential solar panels are installed at the roof. So if you plan to do the same, make sure that you include the residential roof mountings upon the purchase of the solar panels.
4. Now that all the materials needed are set. It’s time to make the roof mounting and install the solar panels. Follow the instructions provided in the roof connector kit. As usually indicated in the instructional, you will need to secure the mounting rail by securing the roof trusses.
5. It is understood that installations will be done with the use of screws. So before screwing the screw you must use some sealant such as a roof sealant or a silicone sealant to seal the hole where the screw will enter. This will prevent any possibility of moisture or water from entering into the household at the event of fog and bad weather.
6. Attach the solar panels into the mounted railings and make sure to secure the panels in place.
7. If you are not familiar with the electrical side of the installation, try to get the services of an electrician to do this job for you. Make sure the one that will do the job for you is a qualified electrician as you have put a great deal of money in this project. At the same time, for the safety of the household, make sure that this guy is licensed to do electrical jobs.
8. Once the installation is up and working, you can enjoy a new and environmental way of getting electrical energy. This is only an option to consider, but if you want you can contact your power company and inform them that you already have this technology in your home and then you might not need their services anymore. Or if you still want to continue rendering their service but planning to cut off on the bills, then by the time the panels are charging you can use the energy source coming from the power company. And if the solar panels are fully charged, you can simply switch from one power source to another.
DIY Solar Panel Kits For Home Use – Our Conclusion:
Solar energy is considered to be one of the most efficient, economical, and eco-friendly way of getting electricity. Though this was once considered to be a very expensive technology to be used by a few, today is made more accessible to the use to many with the help of some breakthroughs.
And by following these steps mentioned above, surely you can enjoy the benefit of solar energy and have the taste of clean power. Hopefully, you have learned gained more information about this article on DIY Solar Panels kits for home use.